1 throw away, of something encumbering
2 throw as from an airplane
- Collectively, items that have been or are about to be ejected from a boat or balloon.
- The action of jettisoning items.
to eject from a boat
to let go or get rid of
- Spanish: desechar, expeler
Jettison may refer to:
- A verb meaning to throw or eject from a ship, aircraft or vehicle; or discard or abandon; see marine debris
- Jettison (record label), a Chicago-based indie record label
- Jettison (band), a punk band from the 1980s
- Jettison (book), a book written by D.E. White
- Jettison (Steady Ground album) , an album by Alternative Rock band Steady Ground to be released in 2007
- Jettison (song), a song by the artist Neko Case
abandon, abandonment, abdicate, absentation, back out, beg off, boot out, booting out, bounce, cashier, cast, cast aside, cast away, cast off, cast out, castaway, casting away, castoff, cessation, chuck, chuck out, cry off, deep six, deep-six, defenestrate, defenestration, depart from, desuetude, detrude, detrusion, discard, discarding, discharge, disposal, dispose of, disposition, disuse, ditch, drop out, dump, dumping, eighty-six, eject, ejection, ejectment, eliminate, elimination, evacuate, evacuation, exclude, expel, expulsion, extrude, extrusion, forsake, forsaking, get quit of, get rid of, get shut of, give away, give the hook, go back on, heave out, jettisoning, jilt, junk, junking, kick downstairs, kick out, kicking downstairs, leave, leave behind, leave flat, leaving, maroon, obtrude, obtrusion, oust, ouster, ousting, part with, pull out, pulling out, put out, quit, quit cold, refuse, reject, rejectamenta, rejection, relegation, removal, remove, renege, riddance, say goodbye to, scrap, scrapping, shed, slough, stand down, take leave of, the boot, the bounce, throw away, throw out, throw over, throw overboard, throwaway, throwing out, throwing overboard, thrust out, toss out, toss overboard, turn out, vacate, withdraw, withdrawal